Two Tours & The Mabuhay Guides Blog

I've been quite busy for the past week. It's good news! I had two tours. The first one was with the top brass of Blue Horizons Travel & Tours, one of the best tour operators in the country. On the following day, we guided foreign delegates who came here for a conference on migratory sharks.

I'd say that these assignments turned out great. We received good feedback from the boss of the travel agency which hopefully would lead to more work with them. As for the second group, Candie and I had a blast reading our evaluation forms filled-out by guests (most of them are first-time visitors).

It feels great to guide again after a long dry spell. I enjoy the kind of people that we tour and I get a kick out of being able to shed more light to guests who are really interested in what I'm saying.

It was a busy Wednesday. After having lunch  at the Heritage Hotel with the second group that we toured, we (that's Yael, Dennis, and I) went to Robinson's Place for coffee while waiting for our next appointment—an interview and a photo shoot for a magazine.

Town & Country Magazine will feature the Mabuhay Guides in April. I was one of the lucky guides who got picked for this assignment. The interview was with Pierre Calasanz. The Mabuhay Guides were Jeff, Helen, Dennis, Yael and I.

One of the questions that struck me was about something that we picked up from project director. We were all in agreement with the answer: "You are not as good as you think you are nor as bad."

I'll never forget those words because it's a reminder to keep our feet on the ground. We have yet to make a bigger impact to the industry and we cannot be complacent or arrogant. Each tour is a clean slate and it's a perfect way to sharpen our skills. Our way of thinking should be that in each tour, we are driven to be better. I'm happy that I belong to this group of dedicated men and women who share this view.

Where's Jeff? Photo taken by Dennis Maristany.

This was taken after the shoot. We are asked to pose inside the tranvia and a walking "candid" shot as a group in front of Fort Santiago's gate.

* * *
Ladies and gents, I'm pleased to inform all of you that the Mabuhay Guides blog is up and running. Click here to see it. Our resident culturati, Dennis Maristany and I have contributed some entries to this web site and soon, we might see more Mabuhay Guides sharing their views or images.

Aside from an online journal, the blog showcases the destinations where we can guide our guests. READ: It's not only Manila. The exposure tours that we had last year were part of our training so that we can guide visitors coming from the capital. I can't wait to tour guests in places like Cebu City or Bohol!

The blog is a product of a meeting with our project director, Ms. Susan Calo-Medina and my fellow guides. We come from diverse backgrounds and I agree that we have a lot to say and learn from each other. It's also important that we share these online.

It's not only the blogosphere that we're invading, we're now on Twitter too!

Popular Posts